-

Home

 
 

Franklin County
Company
2
 
www.wfd2.us
 
 
 
 
 
 

Station 1 - 29 South Potomac Street

Station 2 - 10 Virginia Avenue

-

-

PRESENT  APPARATUS

 

STATION 1

--

EN
ENGINE 2-2

TOWER 2

 

RESCUE-ENGINE 2

-

-

 UTILITY 2

-

 STATION 2

 

 

 

-

 

Engine 2-1                                       Engine Tanker 2

 

    

Brush 2                                            Duty Car 2

 

   -

 

From Hand and Horses to Today.....

 

 

July 4,1896 - This is the only known photograph of the hand drawn fire equipment of the Always There Hook and Ladder Fire Company. This photo was taken in the fire hall, now the borough hall on East Main Street. Note that the flag only has 45 stars on it. Photo courtesy of Mrs. W.F. Ruppert.

 

 

Mechanics Hose Company - Hose Cart 1880

 

Harpers Ferry National Park banner.

 

 

 

"Our Pride"

1964 the Mechanic Hose Company donated two of their hand drawn hose reel to the National Park Service in Harper Ferry West Virginia.

 

 

 

 

Cica 1900

      Hose Wagon ( kid and Prince)

       65 foot Seagrave Aerial Ladder ( Scott and Mack)

       Nott 800 GPM Steam Pumper ( Chief, Jack and Dan)

Please note that the names of the men were not recorded,

But the horses were!

 

W

Waynesboro  first horse drawn steam pumper, 1880 Silsby bought new by the Mechanics Hose Company. Members were in full firemen's "regalia". Officers in the white coats are L/R: Captains - William Dock and Harry Funk, Fire Chief - Daniel Johnston.

 1907 Seagrave  horse drawn ladder

 

 

 

 

Chief Daniel Johnston and the Mechanics chemical wagon.

 

 

  

 

The Mechanics Silsby Steamer was sold for scrap

because the boiler and fire box cracked.

 

 

 

 

Mechanics Chemical Wagon

 

 

Waynesboro's Motorized Apparatus

 

#1 - 1916 American LaFrance

 

#2 - 1917 Seagrave - Chemical truck

 

#3 - 1917 Brockway tractor pulling the Nott Steamer

 

  

#4 - 1926 American LaFrance - 600gpm - dark green

 

#5 - 1926 American LaFrance - City Service Truck

 

#6 - 1929 American LaFrance - First Community Pumper

 

#7 - 1941 Mack - 500 gpm

Sold to Anne Arundel County Fire Department - Photo was August 1972

 

 

#8 - 1948 Mack - 750 gpm

 

1947 to 1953 a 1947 Indian motorcycle with a side car was

used as the fire chief vehicle.

 

 

    

#9 - 1950 Mack - 750 gpm Second Community Pumper, Now owned by a collector in Olyphant ,PA. August 14, 2010.

This engine was sold to the Mechanics in 1998, her last call was an automatic fire alarm during a thunderstorm at Quincy Home.

 

#10 - 1955 Mack 65 foot / 750 gpm (Ladder 2 and later Truck 2)

The 1955 Mack ladder truck bought for $38,000.00 was sold to Woodsboro MD and is now owned by The Fire Chief of Hagerstown MD, Kyd Dieterich. This ladder truck was special requested to the Pentagon on September 11, 2001, due to it's low clearance to reach the inner rings.

 

   

#11 - 1958 Mack  - 750 gpm Started red and was painted slime-yellow. This was the third and last "Community Pumper". Now owned by a collector.

 

 

 

   

 

#12 - 1964 Mack - 1000 gpm

This Engine was on a Trading Card - Top Photo

Note the windshield wipers on inside and a heater. 

Sold to a museum in Parkville MO in May of 1998

 

#13 - 1961 Springfield / International ambulance  converted to first Rescue Squad

(Unit 2-5) in March of 1965

 

Chief O.E. Helm's 1962 Thunderbird Chief Car

 

#14 -1971  Ford / Bruco - 500 gpm - 1500 gal (Tanker 2-12)

Sold to Great Cacapon Volunteer Fire Company in West Virginia.

 

     

# 15 - 1976  CF Mack 1000 gpm and 750 gal. tank. Engine 2-1 was yellow before it was repainted White  over red. This engine was solded to a collector in Reading PA.

 

 

 

 

#16 - 1976 Chevrolet / Swab

delivered at a cost of $37,000.00

and an additional $12,000.00 of new rescue equipment.

Sold to North Union Volunteer Fire Department

Lemont Furnace, PA Fayette County

 

#17 - 1982 Mack / Baker Aerialscope, 75 foot. was bought for $230,271. Sold to New Market ,VA

 

 

 

#18 - 1979 Dodge / Pierce Mini-Pumper 350 gpm with 200 gal. tank.

This unit later was converted into WFD first wildland brush truck.

 

 

#19 -1972 CF Mack, BEFORE -FDNY Engine 245 - AFTER WFD Engine 2-2. Sold to South Mountain Volunteer Fire Company. 1000 gpm and 1000 gal tank.

 

 

 

   

#20 - 1991 Peterbuilt / Swab Rescue Squad 
Sold to a construction company in Ohio.

 

 

#21 - 1996 KME Renegade - 1250 gpm 1500 gal tank.

Engine - Tanker 2  at the beach - Ocean City MD

 

 

 

#22 - 1997 KME Excel - 1250 gpm with 1000 gal tank

 

 

#23 - 1980 Ford F-150 - Utility 2 was totaled in vehicle crash.

 

#24 - 2001 Ford  / Swab - 350 gpm with 200 gal. tank.

Sold to the West Hickory Volunteer Fire Department, Forest County December of 2012. Thank you Perry Wallin - Chief, W.H.V.F.D. for the photo.

 

 

#25 - 1979 Dodge Brush truck  

300 gpm with 300 gal. tank and 5 gal. class A- foam

 

#26 - 1973 Hendrickson / LTI - 100 ft aerial

Bought from Hagerstown MD than sold as scrap.

 

 

#27 - 2005 Sutphen - 70 foot 1250 gpm with 400 gal. tank

 

  

 

 

  

#28 -2005 Sutphen Shield - 1500 gpm with 1000 gal. tank

( First Photo by  Noel Kline and night shots by Aron Garman )

 

 

#29 - 2006 Ford F-350 / Reading - Utility 2

 

 

 

#30 - 1996 Ford F-250 with wildland skid unit.

300 gpm with 150 gal. tank and 5 gal. of class A- foam

 

 

 

 

 

#31 - Car 2 / Duty 2 - Ford Crown Victoria Interceptor

 

 

 

(Photo by Noel Kline)

 #32 - Rescue Squad 2 - 2012 Rosenbauer - Cummins 450 HP engine, Waterous S100D 1500 GPM rear mount pump, 750 gallon water tank, Rosenbauer EZ foam system, 8 kW Onan hydraulic generator, rear and right side safety cameras , complete Hurst Gold rescue system, hydraulic and electric reels, Command Light Knight light tower.

 

 

 

For many years the Waynesboro Fire Department operated a Salvation Army canteen truck out of the South Potomac Street Station (Unit 2-8)

 

It was placed in Waynesboro August 10,1965, it was stocked non-perishable

food items, coffee, hot chocolate, can meats for sandwiches, fruit drinks and condensed soups.  A 12,500-watt  generator provided the power for the unit.

 

It was sent ot Shady Gap on May 11,1966 when 17 year old school girl Peggy Ann Bradnick was abducted. The unit feed 600 civilians, 100 State Police officers, and 24 FBI agents. The canteen was sent to Lock Haven during the floods in the 1970's.

 

 

Always There Ambulace Squad

 

 

1948 Packard Henny Ambulance

 

 

  

1954 Packard Henny Ambulance

Now owned by the Waynesboro Ambulance Squad.

 

Twin 1961 Springfield / International ambulance

 

1964 Cadillac Ambulance

 

1969 Oldsmobile Ambulance

 

1970 Chevrolet - Totaled responding to a brush fire February 27, 1976

 

1973 - F-350 Ford / SWAB

 

1975 Dodge / Custom Coach Company at a cost of $25,840.00

 

 

 

Memoral Park 1960

 

 

 

 

 

A.T.H. & L. 1969

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Engine 2-3 At the first Pennslvania Pump Primers in Harrisburg PA - 1976

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The 1950 Mack at her last PA Pump Primers as a

Mechanic's owned engine.

 

 

 

 

 

Rescue Squad 2 - The 32ed piece " There is no parallel"

 

 

 

 

 

 

February 1971

 

September 1980

 

 

Waynesboro's 1972 CF Mack was ENGINE 245 in New York City

 

 

 

 

Tower 2, Engine 2-2, Engine 2-1 and Utility 2

April 07, 2013

 

 

Rescue Squad 2 Housing - April 07,2013

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Station 2 1957

 

 

 

 

 

3webcrew@wfd2.us

 

3This website is proudly maintained by the
Waynesboro Volunteer Fire Department
Copyright 2007